A warm hello to Curaçao, the largest of the ABC islands, which is a one-of a-kind Caribbean destination that offers more than a typical getaway but an unforgettable experience.
Every moment here is a chance to indulge in over 35 stunning, secluded beaches, explore the unique flora and fauna, or embark on a culinary journey influenced by the island’s distinct culture and history.
Curaçao’s unique blend of European and Caribbean flair and rich heritage are reflected in the colonial buildings, plantation homes, forts, and museums. The capital, Willemstad, is one of the most iconic sights in the Caribbean to visit, and an acclaimed UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This island is truly better experienced than explained, and with strict health guidelines in place as well as ample space to roam and relax, Curaçao is ready to welcome you back. Get ready to immerse yourself in a world of vibrant color and energy. We are excited to welcome you to Curaçao. Bon Biní!
Know before you go:
Embarkation ED card
By introducing the Online ED Card, the amount of time spent in the immigration line will be considerably reduced. The Online ED Card will be in sync with the Automated Border Management System referred to as "eGates".
Please complete your information here, at least 24 hours before arrival: Immigration ED card
15 FACTS ABOUT CURAÇAO
1. Population: 160,000.
2. Location: Southern part of the Caribbean Sea, on the outer fringes of the Hurricane Belt. Part of the ABC islands, Curaçao is located between Aruba and Bonaire, 60 km/40 miles north of Venezuela.
3. Total Surface Area: 444 sq. km/171 sq. miles, 60 km/38 miles long and 3 to 11 km/2 to 7 miles wide.
4. Capital: Willemstad, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
5. Four Languages Widely Spoken: Papiamentu, English, Dutch, and Spanish.
6. Curaçao is an autonomous country within the Dutch Kingdom since October 10, 2010.
7. Major industries include tourism, oil, and offshore banking.
8. Average Temperature: 30ºC/86ºF year-round, with an average water temperature of 28ºC/82°F.
9. Religion: Predominantly Roman-Catholic (80%); Others: Jewish, Protestant, and Muslim.
10. Currency: The Netherlands-Antillean Guilder, abbreviated as Nafl. or ANG. Fixed exchange rate of US $1 = 1.77 Nafl. US$ are widely accepted as well.
11. Tap water in Curaçao is of excellent quality and can be drunk directly from the tap.
12. The main voltage in Curaçao is 110-130 Volt/50 Hz. 13. Cars drive on the right side of the street in Curaçao. The traffic rules are almost the same as in the US and Canada.
14. Curaçao is on the Atlantic time zone (GMT -4). This remains the same throughout the year.
15. A “dushi” welcome for anybody — Curaçao invites visitors of all races, orientations, and religions with a “live and let live” philosophy.
Enjoy your tropical getaway on Curaçao!
Accommodations are centrally located on the island, with just a 10 minutes drive from the airport and historic city center, and within walking distance from the Caribbean ocean.
To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press and then Add to Home Screen.